YouMove: what's on in South Oxfordshire
YouMove is brand new for Oxfordshire and launches in May 2022. By signing up to YouMove, you and your family can enjoy a whole range of fun activities together in South Oxfordshire, including during weekends and school holidays.
Leisure centre offers in South Oxfordshire
With your YouMove card you will be able to access discounted rates at GLL/Better leisure centres.
On your first visit to a leisure centre, you will need to sign up with GLL to be able to access this. Simply take along your YouMove card and GLL/Better colleagues will get you started.
GLL Leisure will be providing a bespoke "Pay as you Play" YouMove membership offer in South Oxfordshire. You will be able to enjoy activities without needing to sign up for a monthly membership and activities will be discounted by up to 50%.
Activities on offer in GLL Leisure Centres include swimming, badminton, squash and tennis (where centres have courts).
To find your nearest GLL centre visit https://www.better.org.uk/leisure-centre/south-oxfordshire
Activities in your community
These are some of the fantastic South Oxfordshire community offers available so far with your YouMove membership card:
- Discounted swimming at Park Club Milton Park. Wednesday mornings from 20/07-31/08. 1 adult and 1 child swim £3.50.
- All Stars cricket will run every Tuesday from 26 July to the 30 August at 10.00-11.00am. Please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
More activities to be announced soon!
Why not try?
Street Tag is a free child and family-friendly mobile application that uses virtual tags to incentivize communities and families to become more physically active and boost mental health.
On the Street Tag app, you collect points assigned to virtual tags all-around your community including green spaces, once you are within a 40-meter radius of any virtual tag, your app will automatically collect the points, steps can also be synced and converted into Street Tag points. These points add up in real-time on your school or community leaderboard, with prizes to be won at the end of each season.
How does Street Tag work?
- Install the app, create a team and join your local leaderboard
- Earn points from physical activities indoor and outdoor- walking, running, cycling or in a wheelchair to collect virtual tags and convert your steps into Street Tag Points
- Get rewards/ win prizes such as Amazon vouchers, gift cards, sports equipment, and lots more.
If you need assistance with Street Tag App, email email@example.com or send a support ticket inside the app settings.
Age group : 3 yrs and above
Get in touch
Your local Activator in South Oxfordshire is here to help provide you with all the support, advice and information you need to get started. You can contact your local Activator on 07717 225679.