YouMove: what's on in Oxford City
YouMove is brand new for Oxfordshire and launched in May 2022. By signing up to YouMove, you and your family can enjoy a whole range of fun activities together in Oxford City, including during weekends and school holidays.
Leisure centre offers in Oxford City
With your YouMove card you will be able to access discounted rates at Fusion leisure centres and Oxford Ice Rink.
On your first visit, you will need to sign up with Fusion to be able to access this but simply take along your YouMove card and Fusion colleagues will get you started.
To find your nearest Fusion centre visit https://www.fusion-lifestyle.com/our-locations/oxford/
Activities in your community
Community sessions to get involved with:
- Project PT- Project PT will be running free family activity sessions! These sessions will be for adults and children to have fun while lifting weights and boxing! Their focus is to encourage individuals to get involved in different activities which we hope will bring something unique, that will be lots of fun. They have two sessions running: Barton Park Primary School, Wednesday's 3:45pm-4:45pm. Barton Neighbourhood Centre, Friday's 4-5pm. Use this link to sign up (Only one needed per family) https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfx6HVcbRhL0_A0CUa_ir6_dWtM_gJJkwA7OGY8gUPfEuOB6g/viewform?usp=sf_link
- The Story Museum- This organisation combines stories and activity on a Saturday morning for children aged 5+ and their parents/carers. This will enable parents and children to encounter new stories and retell stories together in a healthy, participative, relaxed and unusual way. The stories combine physical activity with the flexing of gentle literacy skills. These sessions will be monthly. The next session is on: Saturday 25 February: Stories of Robin Hood. Use the code YOUMOVE, this discount code can be used to book online or over the phone to secure your place for free: Saturday Story Sports | The Story Museum
- Oxford Parkrun: A free, fun, and friendly weekly 5k community event. Walk, jog, run, volunteer or spectate – it's up to you! The event takes place at Cutteslowe and Sunnymead Park, Oxford every Saturday at 9:00am. Sign up here prior to enter home | Oxford parkrun | Oxford parkrun (You will be given a barcode to take on the day that can be scanned so you can be tracked and officially timed).
- The Parasol Project- Disability Inclusive Dance Parties for 5 to 12-year-olds at Tower PlayBase! Sessions will run from 4 to 5pm on Thursdays during term time. If you would like to book or have any questions, please contact Kat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Oxford Hub- Oxford Hub are running two fantastic sessions to get involved with: Family Roller Skating in Blackbird Leys Leisure Centre, Thursdays, 5-7pm, £5 with a YouMove card. As well as Family Fun Fitness in The Barn on Nightingale Avenue (OX4 7BU), Tuesdays 6-7pm, £3 with a YouMove card.
- Barton Community Association- Barton Community Association are running free family Zumba sessions, get involved!! Sessions are held at Barton Neighbourhood Centre every Wednesday from 4.30 to 5.30pm.
- Dancin' Oxford- FAM JAM is a disco for ages 11 and under & their families, that happens once a month. There are loads of fun and games for all the whole family. There is no set fee, you pay what you can, the next dates are to be announced soon!
- Free tennis court booking! The following tennis courts are free to book (may need to book in advance): Botley Park, OX2 0BT (Book tennis courts at Botley Park - Tennis Oxfordshire - Premier Tennis); Hinksey Park, OX1 4RP (Book tennis courts at Hinksey Park - Tennis Oxfordshire - Premier Tennis).
- Oxfordshire Cricket- Attend FREE cricket sessions, you don't need any equipment or experience. Just turn up and play! These sessions will run from Cowley: Greyfriars Catholic School, Fridays, 18.00- 20.00, started on Friday 9th September, running until the 24th February 2023. Blackbird Leys: Leys Leisure Centre- Sports Hall, Saturdays, 12.00- 14.00, starting from Saturday 1st October 2022 until the 25th of February 2023.
- Matt Fiddes Martial Arts & MF Dance – They run classes around the region and you'll receive a 10% discount on monthly training fees with your YouMove card. You can try a class for free to make sure it's right for you, simply book yourself in via www.mattfiddes.com and bring your YouMove card to the session with you. We teach both Martial Arts and Dance Classes with a focus on developing key life skills. People are welcome to train on their own but there are also opportunities for parents and children to train together.
- Harcourt Arboretum free entry - YouMove families can enter the Harcourt Arboretum for free. Please show your families YouMove cards on the day. The Arboretum is a fantastic place for a family visit, with lots of space to run around and exciting habitats to explore. Bring a picnic and enjoy a day in nature! For more information on the wildlife and opening hours please visit the website.
- Discounted sessions at Cleal's Wheels - Cleal's Wheels offer weekly stay and play sessions in Littlemore Community Centre for children aged 0-5. Every session is packed full of fun and engaging equipment for your baby and toddler to enjoy. With bouncy castles, ride-ons, baby toys and more your child will be able to let off some steam at a reduced price. There are 2 discount options available:
40% off each session on a pay as you go basis - £3 for 1-5 year olds and 60p for under 1's. Take your YouMove cards along to the session to receive the discount on the day. This offer can be booked online please email email@example.com including your YouMove number for the discount code.
Membership discount for 5 or 10 sessions - 5 Sessions for £10 or 10 sessions for £20 Email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your YouMove number to claim this offer.
Sessions take place term time at: Littlemore Community Centre - OX4 4NL, Tuesdays 13:00 - 14:30 pm
GO Active Families aims to provide more information to enable your family to be more active and creative in Oxford. Find out some more on what's happening in your local area here.
Gloji Energy: free healthy lifestyle programme
A fantastic new opportunity to get involved with Gloji Energy and their FREE Healthy Lifestyle programme for children aged 4-12 years old, run by Achieve Oxfordshire. The programme has free physical activity for the children while parents learn tips and tricks around children's nutrition and healthy habits. To reserve your place today and find out more please visit Gloji Energy | Achieve Oxfordshire
Why not try?
Born to Move - Les Mills - Free classes that you try at home without subscription!
When it comes to learning a whole lot of cool moves from dance, martial arts and yoga this class is the way to go. Each 20 or 40-minute class is jam-packed with cool music and foundation fitness moves and fun games. This is sure to leave the kids (and parents) feeling great!
A fun, free, smartphone app that offers rewards for exercise.
Get everyone in your community moving with Street Tag and convert walking into Street Tag points (tags).
Why not get your school to sign up? It's quick and easy, and you don't need to be a directly connected to the school. Anyone in the community can select the school and then contribute the points they win for walking to help the school reach the top of the leaderboard.
When playing Street Tag, you scan virtual tags with your smartphone while you are out and about. Every point you get for a tag adds to your chosen school's leaderboard. The app can run in the background, so it automatically collects tags in a 40-metre radius allowing you to focus on your journey and not your phone.
Each game season lasts 12 weeks. In that time, you'll be competing with other schools to hit the top of the leader board and become the winners.
Get ready to start your journey to a healthy lifestyle with Street Tag.
Get in touch
Your local Activator in Oxford City is here to help provide you with all the support, advice and information you need to get started. You can contact your local Activator on 07485 311346 or 07483 010720.