YouMove: what's on in Cherwell District
YouMove is brand new for Oxfordshire, and builds on Cherwell District Council's fantastic FAST Programme. By signing up to YouMove, you and your family can enjoy a whole range of fun activities together in Cherwell, including during weekends and school holidays.
Leisure centre offers in Cherwell District
You can use your YouMove card to access discounted rates at Legacy Leisure sites. When you arrive for your activity, simply show your YouMove card to reception staff.
Legacy Leisure are offering a 75% discount for YouMove members which includes the following:
- Swimming sessions (public swim)
- Tennis and Squash where applicable
This discount can be used across all 4 Leisure Centres in Cherwell District: Bicester, Spiceball, Wood Green and Kidlington.
Activities in your community
These are some of the fantastic Cherwell community offers available so far with your YouMove membership card:
- FREE family sessions after school 3.30 - 4.30 In Term 5 and 6 Dashwood, William Morris, St Leonards, Kings Meadow and North Kidlington
- Clip N Climb https://bicester.clipnclimb.co.uk/ Wednesday & Thursday £3.95 (normally £13.95)
- Banbury Boxing Club Family Session for £1
- Banbury United FREE entry to games
- Cherwell Canoe Club £2 a session
- Kidz Zoo Soft Play Centre are offering You Move card holders a 25% off Entry cost for over 1 yrs to 10 yrs any day of the week and after 12noon on a Sunday.
- Gosford All Blacks RUFC (Rugby) 3 free taster sessions and free annual membership if deciding to continue (without kit). Interest can be made through www.bit.ly/GAByouth Youth Section Sundays (season starts 11th September and runs through to May) Age 4 – 16yrs Free membership (without kit). Kit can be purchased – brand new, and second hand options available. Club also have a small range of rugby boots available 2nd hand at a moderate price (size dependent) to help with costs. Based at Stratfield Brake Sports Ground in Kidlington.
- Small Blacks (age 4) – U11(yr6) Sundays 9.30am-10.30am
- U12 (yr7) – U16 (yr11) Wed. 18.00-19.00 Sundays 11am-12.30am
- Parents and children: We do not currently have an option for parents and children to interact together. However, we are happy to look at parents inclusion within the club and volunteer coaching is available (club are willing to provide the training courses offer by RFU (Rugby Football Union at no cost).
- Rugbytots Banbury - two free taster sessions and a 10% discount on the first term for any family on the YouMove scheme
Training Courses -
Free Ignite Online Training - NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Improving Personal Exercise, Health and Nutrition (*Fully funded for Adults 19+ in Oxfordshire, Berkshire & Surrey). Click here for more information
More activities to be announced soon!
Why not try?
Born to Move - Les Mills - Free classes that you can try at home without subscription!
When it comes to learning a whole lot of cool moves from dance, martial arts and yoga this class is the way to go. Each 20 or 40-minute class is jam-packed with cool music and foundation fitness moves and fun games. This is sure to leave the kids (and parents) feeling great!
A fun, free, smartphone app that offers rewards for exercise.
Get everyone in your community moving with Street Tag and convert walking into Street Tag points (tags).
Why not get your school to sign up? It's quick and easy, and you don't need to be a directly connected to the school. Anyone in the community can select the school and then contribute the points they win for walking to help the school reach the top of the leaderboard.
When playing Street Tag, you scan virtual tags with your smartphone while you are out and about. Every point you get for a tag adds to your chosen school's leaderboard. The app can run in the background, so it automatically collects tags in a 40-metre radius allowing you to focus on your journey and not your phone.
Each game season lasts 12 weeks. In that time, you'll be competing with other schools to hit the top of the leader board and become the winners.
Get ready to start your journey to a healthy lifestyle with Street Tag.
Get in touch
Your local Activator in Cherwell District is here to help provide you with all the support, advice and information you need to get started. You can contact your local Activator on 01295 221980.