See where walks take place in each district:
- Oxford City Walking programme
- South Oxfordshire Nordic Walking Programme Vale District Nordic Walking Programme
How to get involved with the GO Active Community Nordic Walk Programme:
Attend a "Learn to Nordic Walk" course - 4 x 1 hour or 2 x 2 hour sessions
- Poles will be provided during tasters and courses
- Booking essential for taster sessions and courses
Start attending regular Nordic Walks
- Before attending the walks, please confirm walk description and details with the Instructor or Leader.
- Your instructor will hand out a Regular Nordic Walk Schedule at the end of your course.
- Some of the walks are lead by volunteer Nordic Walk Leaders - Free of charge (if you would be interested in training as a volunteer Nordic Walk Leader, please contact Hendriette Thorn on 01491 823175)
- Some of the walks are lead by Nordic Walk Instructors. These sessions will include a continual focus on developing your tecqnique - contact Instructors direct regarding cost.
NOTE: our walks are only for people who have completed a course
What to bring along to a regular Nordic Walk:
Your own poles
- For advice about purchasing poles, please contact Nordic Walking UK on
0333 12345 40 / www.nordicwalking.co.uk.
- Some Instructors might offer the use of their poles at an additional cost
Your Registration and Competence Card or the new FREEDOM Card
- Your NW Instructor will hand this over to you at your course. Please bring this along to each walk you attend after you've completed your course.