Frequently Asked Questions
Please find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions below. You can also download the full FAQ's at the bottom of the page.
Who can be a referrer?
Health professionals, community groups and organisations who have contact with service users can all sign up as referrers. We ideally would like to work with a range of organisations who have conversations and interactions with people on a regular basis, where a conversation around the benefits of physical activity might come up in discussion.
What's my role as a referrer?
You can raise the topic of physical activity and it's benefits to health and refer people to the programme by encouraging them to fill out the referral leaflet.
Who should I refer?
The main focus of the programme is inactive adults i.e. people aged 16 or over who currently do 30 minutes or less of physical activity a week.
So, those that answer 'none' or 'one' to the following question:
In the past week, on how many days have you done a total of 30 min or more of physical activity which was enough to raise your breathing rate?
Can I refer people who aren’t inactive?
Yes. However if people are not totally inactive they will only be offered information about types and locations of activities, and not the full support package.
How do I refer someone?
There is a freepost referral form as part of the green referral leaflet. The person can fill this out themselves, or you can support them to do so. There is also an on-line version of the form on our website.
What will participants receive?
Following referral, participants will be offered:
- 1–3 Motivational Coaching sessions over the phone, at a time that's best for you.
- A further £60 of incentive vouchers for keeping in touch with us as part of the long term support package.
- Information and help to find fun activities that will get you active.
- Up to £100 of activity vouchers for use at your local leisure centre.
- GO Active Get Healthy Referrer FAQs For Health Professionals (PDF, 307 Kb)
- GO Active Get Healthy Referrer FAQs - General (PDF, 291 Kb)